My Baby is ONE!



One day I'll have time to post about more than birthdays, but for now I'm just celebrating the fact that I have three beautiful, happy, healthy, GROWING kiddos. And today I am just so thankful for the little blessing that God surprised us with at just the right time, Seth Judah. It was so hard to come up with a name for him. One night during our daily debate on a name, out of frustration I told Nick that I just wished God would tell us his name! That may sound crazy, but when I was pregnant with Lorelai we went through so many names. I remember my best friend, Tessa, laughing at me and telling me that the funny thing about it was that God already knew her name. Well, almost immediately after I said that to Nick the name Seth popped in my head. It had never been a consideration before that moment but when I said it out loud we both liked the sound of it. I'm big on the meaning on names so I grabbed my ipod and looked it up. I was amazed when I read that Seth means "appointed or placed." I was amazed because finding out I was pregnant with him was a complete shock to both Nick and me.

That summer was so crazy hectic. I babysat two children besides my own two from about 6:30 in the morning to 6:00 in the evening. That was the reason for my exhaustion, so I thought. Then people actually started asking me if I was pregnant, which is something I wouldn't recommend anyone do. That's when I started noticing that my shorts were getting harder and harder to button. I guess I was in denial, but what made me decide to get a pregnancy test was when I was trying to pick out something to wear to a funeral. I put on this dress and jokingly asked Nick if he thought anyone would think I was pregnant if I wore it. The look on his face said it all. It was still about 2 weeks before I bought a test though!

When we got home from the grocery store I went in the bathroom to take the test while Nick was watching TV. My Mom had called so I was talking to her when I went back in the bathroom to check the test. I casually got off the phone with her and went in the living room. All of our pictures were stored in our entertainment center so I opened Toby's baby box to compare this test to his test, as if the paper with the directions on it weren't conformation enough! I walked over to Nick and just showed him the old test and the one I had just taken. I was shocked beyond words. I just remember saying "it can't be!" Not like an "I don't want this" but more like a "this is amazing!" The words that came out of his mouth were the best thing he could have possibly said. He said everything would be ok because no matter what he would take care of me (us) and that everything happens for a reason.

It turns out that I was about 12 weeks pregnant at that point, but by the time I got in to see a doctor I was 17 weeks. I found out at my first ultrasound that God had so graciously "placed" another little boy in our lives. At that point all I could do was praise God for His blessings, so his middle name became Judah. :)

We had a small family party to celebrate his first birthday. Of course, the highlight of any first birthday is the cake. Since Jesus is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah I decided to make a lion cake. It was a totally simple cake, but I admit I copied it off the internet because I'm just that creative! Who cares if it was mistaken for a puppy dog?!


When I put Seth in his high chair he started shaking his head back and forth like he was saying "no" but when I put the cupcake in front of him he started shaking it up and down as if to say an emphatic "YES!" It was so funny.











 

Comments

  1. Happy Happy Birthday Seth!! Such wonderful pictures! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts