The Most Important Thing

I haven't posted anything in a while because we don't have Internet on our computer right now. Something happened the other night that I don't want to forget though, so I'm typing this on my iPhone. It was Saturday night, March 9, 2013. However inconsistent I am with reading bedtime stories, when I do it's usually a Bible story. I had just finished reading when Toby started asking questions. I explained the whole plan of redemption to him and told him if he ever wanted to ask Jesus to forgive him of his sins I would be more than happy to pray with him. I kissed him goodnight and he asked me to pray with him right then. I asked him a few questions to make sure he understood and we prayed. He repeated everything after me and by the time we were finished he was the happiest kid in the world. He squeezed me tight and told me that video games weren't important (and he LOVES video games) but God was the most important. He went to bed that night singing "thank you, Jesus, thank you, God" with his hands raised and the biggest smile on his face. His childlike faith got it right. God is the most important thing.

Comments

  1. He was SOOOO sweet when he told us in Children's Church that he had asked Jesus in his heart! I hugged him and told him that was the BEST news, and Mrs. Shelly repeated it so everyone could hear what he said and all the kids clapped. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts