I Survived!



It's summer!! I made it through my first (and only) year as a teacher! I say only, but if I have learned one thing in the last year it is to be careful when talking about the future. Like Proverbs says, "Many are the plans..." I've already shared how we have been so blessed to be expecting another baby! That was way back in November when we first found out. Back then we were still living in our travel trailer and school was in full swing. I was teaching PE, Lorelai was in Jr. High, Toby was in 4th Grade, and Seth was in 1st Grade. I felt extremely blessed but like I was barely keeping my head above water. I'm not complaining, but teaching at a school 30 minutes away and being a mom of three while pregnant was exhausting. Saying that going from homeschooling to working full time at their private school was a big change would be such an understatement. It was worth every challenge though and First Baptist will always have a special place in all of our hearts. I tip my hats to working moms everywhere. Mommin' ain't easy. Period. 

Now we begin a new chapter. It seems like our chapters have been short in the last several years. Change has almost been constant. We moved out of our travel trailer back to Cameron in December, shortly after all three kids recovered from the Flu B. Moment of silence for surviving that atrocity.
**************
Now we are excitedly awaiting the arrival of our new SON, Joel. I actually just had an ultrasound this morning and got to see him sucking his little fist. So cute!! We are honoring his Uncle Jason's memory with his middle name. I know he would be so proud. He always loved his nieces and nephews, and they all loved him as well. I wonder if somehow he got to meet Joel before we will. Lorelai, Toby, and Seth are planning to start a new school in the fall, and I'm going back to being a stay at home mom. Lots of changes. 




Comments

Popular Posts