The Baby Burns

That title sounds a little like some sort of disease, but don't fear, it's only my lame attempt at a play on words. I grew up in the country and I just love birds, which sounds a little like our last name, Burns. I know, a joke (or blog title) is never funny when you have to explain it but, sadly, mine usually end up that way.

Now that that is out of the way, let me introduce my little "birds." I'll start with my first born, the little person who, after 21 hours of labor, on a cold January night in 2004, made my dream of becoming a mom come true, Miss Lorelai, aka "Lulu." She is strong-willed, passionate, tenderhearted, and loving. She loves to draw, swim, and as unbelievable as it may sound, she loves to help me around the house. I love her sense of humor and her outlook on life. She has had a lot of challenges in her young life with asthma and severe eczema, but God has brought her through. Today she rarely has an asthma attack and her eczema is almost 100% gone! She is my little guinea pig in a lot of ways. I have had to apologize to her more times than I can count, but she has taught me how to be a mom. I am far from having it all figured out, but I am who I am today largely because of her. :-)


Then there's my Toby boy. We found out he was coming along on Lorelai's 3rd birthday. Happy Birthday, right? Little did she know, life would never be the same! Toby is my wild child. He is loud, and happy, and...accident prone. Well, not really. Let's just say his angels work overtime. He loves story time and superheros. He looks like his Daddy, and until a couple of months ago, had his curly hair. (I don't think I'll ever be completely forgiven for shaving those curls off!) He has taken after my neat freak tendencies. He hates to be dirty and is always noticing messes. He has a vivid imagination and a high squeeky voice. He loves cookies, m&ms, and, well, anything sweet. He is my sweetie pie, my middle child.



Lastly, we have baby Seth. Our wonderful surprise blessing who came along at just the right time. He is such a joy to us all. Lorelai and Toby both love him to pieces and are so happy to have a baby brother. He is our little guy. Toby was off the charts big and little Seth is barely on the charts. I know he'll catch up soon enough. For now I am enjoying him being small. I am trying to eat up every slobbery kiss and every midnight feeding. I love making him giggle and watching his smile light up the whole room. He goes with the flow until we put him in a carseat then he cries and cries and cries. He is cuddly and he lets me rock him to sleep. He loves to rub the back of his head and nestle his face in my shoulder. He screams at the top of his lungs when he wants attention, and of course we all come running! Who can resist this sweet face?



Thank you, Jesus, for these amazing gifts. Through all the challenges, I wouldn't trade them for the world. I am so thankful that you love them even more than I do, which is hard to imagine. They are your kids first, and I trust you with their lives. Help me to parent them after your example. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts