Do it Afraid!

Courage is doing things while you're afraid. Even the bravest people feel fear, but they don't let that fear rule their hearts and their actions. I am a true introvert by nature, but God would not settle for that excuse. He knows that I would prefer to just be a wallflower hidden away in the background, but my greatest desire is to make a difference that lasts for eternity. I have had this inexplicable burning in me since I gave my heart to the Lord. It's a burning to make an impact for God.

God knows my inner desires because He gave them to me. Proverbs 37:4 says that He will give me the desires of my heart if I delight in Him. From my first experiences with God, over 18 years ago, that was one of my most favorite verses. I looked at it differently then though. I imagined this God that would grant my wishes if I served Him. I lived that way for years before I realized that while God does care about what I care about and He wants me to have things that make happy, what that verse really means is that as I walk with Him and truly delight in His presence in my life, He puts His desires in me.

His desires are bigger than I can imagine on my own. His desires are scary. His desires push me out of my comfort zone. 

His desires are worth it though. 

The Lord says to you,
Daughter, you have your own revelation of Christ. You have your own personal, "This is my Jesus" revelation just like He has a, "This is my daughter" revelation. And your revelation is valid.
It is a revelation that God intends you to share.
Stop thinking that what you have in your heart and your soul and your life as revelation of Jesus Christ can just kinda go unsaid or whatever like you'll just leave that between you and God...
it's valuable.
It will become meat and life to others. You're gonna be surprised at the things that, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I hear what you're saying. You're saying, but I'm no theologian and when theologians come through to teach or preach at y'all's place or y'all go to conferences or something like that you think, "Wow, yeah, that's them but that's not me." But the same word is the same life value that those degreed theologians know, and when you say it out of your mouth it's going to have the same powerful effect...maybe even more because you're going to speak it on a level people can understand! 
Prophecy from Marty Gabler at EYC 2017

I have been told by two other people that I have a word in me. One person specifically told me that the word in me has nothing to do with me and that I have to press into it. That's all she said, but she saw that in me. It was vague, but it was confirming, and oh how I've had to press into it! The other person told me that God would use what I write to heal people. He said that they would actually be healed while they read what I wrote. Another confirming, but at times confusing word. I still don't know how that is going to happen, and I feel totally inadequate when I think of how a person like me could be used like that. I actually have  a list of excuses that I whip out every time I feel that conviction, but the possibility excites me and scares me at the same time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again because I can't get over *don't want to ever "get over"* the fact that God SEES me and He KNOWS me. He knows YOU. Isaiah 65:24 says that God will even answer us before we pray to Him. I pray I notice the things He does for me that I didn't even have to ask Him for! He's always working behind the scenes and causing all things to work together for my good. (Romans 8:28) It's weird how a girl who, by nature, would rather be at home curled up with a good book could have a desire to be a voice in the wilderness. What's even more strange is how that girl could feel like what she has to say is not important. What's awesome about that is that GOD SAW all those conflicting desires and spoke to me (again) through a sweet lady at Experience Youth Camp who said from the moment she saw me she knew I was anointed but that I had been hidden. She said that the Body of Christ needed me. It was at that moment I realized that I had been believing the lie of insignificance that as a Youth Pastor I try to teach the youth to recognize! Everybody is important in the body! No matter how big or small we think our part is, we're all important!

It's a lie every time the burning in your heart is going against what your brain is thinking. I truly believe that God created each of us with a purpose that He equips us for, and He puts those desires in our hearts because He knows we'll rock it! So, let's go! I'm going to try to write more, and I'm going to speak what I feel like God whispers to me (even when I'm afraid) then trust Him for the fruit. What are you going to do?

Comments

Popular Posts