I'm Back!

This is my "I've been through the fire and I refuse to believe God is not up to something good" face.


It's been a while and my blog has always been sporadic at best. I admit that. I'm ok with that. Life is super...full. I don't like the word busy. I mean, it is what it is, but everyone is busy so it sounds like such a cop out. I mean, are we too busy or do we just not care? Because we make time for things that are important to us. Selah 

So, I guess the bottom line is that other things have taken priority and that just happens. Not that it's a big deal because, let's face it, who even noticed? My point is that I'm going to start writing again. Maybe writing that will inspire me to make time for it because I really do enjoy it. It's almost the end of a really challenging year, so it just feels good to be in control of something when so much of the last 9 months have been surrounded by circumstances beyond my control. From the rona, Nick's health problems, multiple family crises, financial instabilities, to picky eaters, shifts in educational philosophies, and hormones, it's been wild. It does feel like we've been through the fire in a lot of ways, but God is faithful and I know He is working all things out for our good! 

For now, let's talk about Christmas! As my friend, Kelly, says, I am here for it! This year I am all about gift giving and traditions. I'm making home made gifts, y'all. I even had presents under the tree on December 1!! That's a first! I'm reinstating old traditions that somehow got dropped over the past few years (or maybe scorched in that fire I was talking about) and even creating some new ones. We've already made our annual family ornament and put on our Christmas pajamas and grabbed thermoses of hot chocolate to go look at Christmas lights. Next weekend we have a new tradition: Cookie Day! We're going to bake goodies all day and boxes are ready to be filled for deliveries. I even bought stockings for the first time EVER. We will open them on Christmas Eve with our Mexican food along with another new tradition: Sibling gifts! They drew names the day after Thanksgiving as we ate pizza and watched Home Alone. (New tradition, but next year it will be on tree decorating day, which was in early October this year.) I'm excited about the fun that is planned for the next couple of weeks, and I'm excited about what is to come in 2021. 

One major announcement is that we're moving! (Again.) Not to brag, but, we're like professionals after how many times we've moved in the past 7 years. This time we're putting down roots in the country. (SO EXCITED!!) After years of feeling unsettled, we're looking forward to creating a homestead complete with gardens, chickens, and maybe a goat or two. Who knows!  

Comments

Popular Posts