Hello August!

Is it just me or is this year flying by? The older I get the faster time goes by! I always heard "old people" say that as I was growing up, but never did I imagine it was true. Of course, the older I get the older "old" is! I also never imagined Texas could get this hot or this dry. I promise it is hotter now than when I was 9 years old running through cow pastures with my brother all summer long. My kids won't step foot outside unless they are running to the nearest pool, or their mean mommy makes their little rowdy butts go get some fresh air!

Hopefully this summer heat is going to cool down sometime in the near future, but as far as we are concerned this summer has come to a close. Vacation Bible School was last week and we started school on Monday.








Good-bye lazy days and hello routine! Well, that is the plan anyway but I think Seth missed the memo. As far as he's concerned, everything revolves around his routine, or lack thereof. We're making it work though.

After a couple of days of enduring chaos as I juggled a hungry/sleepy 6 month old, an eager preschooler, and a less than eager 2nd grader, I decided we're all getting up by 7am. This was in the hopes that Seth would be so tired by the time we finished breakfast, morning chores, and circle time that he would take a nap when we start school. On day one of my little experiment, he woke up for a bottle at 5:30 a.m then went back to sleep with a full tummy. Unfortunately, mommy was up for the day though. I didn't see the point of laying in bed for 15 minutes until my alarm went off, so I got up and read a great devotional about getting your house in order (ah, God's timing is great) at Above Rubies then went outside to water my flowers and feed my puppy. Blueberry muffins were in the oven and a load of sheets were in the washer when I woke Lorelai and Seth up at 7:15. (Toby was up before 7 to play his new Game Boy.) By 9am, muffins were gone, kitchen was cleaned, beds were made, we were all dressed and groomed (yes, even me!), Seth was back in bed, it was time for school, and I was feeling like one accomplished mom! It has been a few days now, and I can tell you that morning was evidentally beginners luck. I still have hope, though, for our morning routine!

Comments

Popular Posts