May The Fourth Be With You, Jedi Toby


On this day four years ago I was almost 39 weeks pregnant and anxiously awaiting the arrival of a whopper of a baby boy. I think we went walking everyday in the hopes of starting my labor, but ended up going the full 40 weeks and being induced on his due date.  He wound up being the sweetest 9 pound 11 ounce bundle of joy I could have ever imagined. That's my Toby boy. He's still sweet, and he's still big! People are always shocked when I tell them his age. His Daddy is hoping he will one day be a star football player (preferably for the Longhorns), which is exactly what the nurse in the hospital said when she saw how big he was. She also said Nick would have to get three jobs just to feed him. He does like to eat, unless I cook it, so thankfully we serve a God who provides all of our needs according to His riches in glory! (Philippians 4:19) These days he spends his time singing at the top of his lungs and doing guitar noises without a care in the world. He's loud, he's energetic (that may be an understatement), and he'll always be my baby boy.

Yesterday we had an early party for him at Chuck E. Cheese with his cousin, Josiah. It was so much fun. I loved it because I didn't have to lift a finger! I made the cake (Star Wars light sabers in case you can't tell), plopped it on the table, then sat back and enjoyed the show.




We tried to get the boys to take their picture with Chuck E. Cheese, but I took this right before Toby made a run for it.



Most of the kids had a blast, but Seth was so bored he fell asleep sitting up!



Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Toby!! I love the cake! It looks like everyone had so much fun... well, maybe not Seth :) I'm sure he enjoyed his nap though!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts