Moments to Remember

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4:14


As hard as that scripture is to grasp I think I have a small glimpse into its meaning now that I'm a mom. Some days seem to creep by at a snails pace, but the years are flying by. I don't know how that is possible but it is, and the older I get the years seem to go by faster and faster. Life is full of different seasons and I am in over my head in the most difficult yet most rewarding season so far. My days can seem to blur together because for the most part they all look the same. If I'm not careful I can get caught up in the monotony of it all and before I know it I find myself weary when I should be in wonder. Here are some of the "little things" in my life that I want to marvel at forever, even if they seem insignificant while I'm living them. I'll always remember...


the way Toby got bored coloring with one color and added random color explosions
 on almost every color page... 

those quiet moments when they were both hard at work...

those proud moments...

how Toby loved to be the first face Seth saw after naps...

how Seth was my little climber...

how much Toby loved to play Starfall Speedway (and Twyla just loved being close to us)...

how happy it made me to see my kids reading on their own...
(Of course, Seth isn't reading. He's smart, but he's not that smart.)
how Seth loved to get containers out of the cabinets I forgot to lock
and fill them with anything he could find in the drawers, which was usually potholders...

and how many times I found Toby sleeping on his sister's floor
 when he was supposed to be in his own bed.



I am in awe of the three gifts God has trusted me with.
What an awesome responsibility and exciting journey! 











Comments

Popular Posts