This Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window... is a bright, sunshiney day.

I am thinking... about our summer plans.

I am thankful... to be "just mom" for a couple of months.

In the kitchen... I'll be cooking chicken parmesan for supper tonight.

I am wearing... comfy pants and my m&m's (miracle moments) make life sweet t-shirt from the
National Women's Retreat 2008.

I am creating... a coaster tray. It's an idea I saw on Pinterest where you have a coaster on your kitchen counter for everyone in your family and they get one cup for the day. When they are thirsty they get their cup, get a drink, rinse it out if they drink it all, and put it back on their coaster. Which means I don't have to wash 25 cups every day! Genius!

I am going... nowhere today. I'm packing for VACATION!

I am wondering... actually, hoping that I don't forget anything!

I am reading... Sea World insider tips and planning our trip with the hopes of having two smooth days there with a toddler. (I'll let you know how that goes.)

I am looking forward to... VACATION! (And 10:00 when Toby goes to play with his cousin, Josiah, next door. I love that kid to pieces, but the house is so much more quiet when he's not here. It does my ears good and I'm that much more happy to see him when he gets back.)

I am hearing... Pixar Short Films that the kids are watching. Right now it's Mike and Sully from Monsters Inc. Mike is having a terrible time under the hood of his car. It looks quite painful, but the kids are laughing.

Around the house... I have a few things left to clean so we can come home to a clean house, I'm in the process of packing our bags, and there's still a box of Cheerios on the kitchen counter reminding me that I still haven't eaten breakfast.

God is speaking... through my children's disobedience. The last few days have been such a challenge. It's always challenging being a parent, but the last few days have had me on my knees. I came across this blog a while back and it spoke straight to my heart. Lately I can really relate to number 6.

One of my favorite things... are Oreos dipped in milk.

A few plans for the rest of the week... get on the road by 6:30am tomorrow morning so we can be at Sea World when it opens. The plan is to stay all day. First on the list is to feed the dolphins! I'm so excited! It closes at 5 and we're going to eat at Lulu's Bakery and Cafe. Lulu is one of Lorelai's nicknames and when we saw their 3 pound cinnamon roll on Man vs. Food we knew we had to go! Then back to the hotel for some relaxing at the pool. We'll spend Friday at Sea World again then I want to go stroll around The Market Square that evening if we're not completely exhausted. We'll head back home on Saturday, stopping in Austin to do some shopping and maybe ride the Zilker Zephyr.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...

My brave little girl jumping off the diving board for the first time in a life jacket AND a tube! 



Comments

Popular Posts