The Return of Simple Woman's Daybook





Outside my window... I see a swing set that needs to be repaired and lots of pretty yellow butterflies.

I am thinking... about how long it's been since I've blogged and how I long to get back into it. The Simple Woman's Daybook is the perfect thing to get me started. It doesn't hurt either that it's almost summer when I get to catch up on things I enjoy, like blogging, reading, and sewing. I'm even thinking about getting back into exercising!

I am thankful... for healthy kids. Even though it's a little sad to see the FOUR bags of things they have outgrown or no longer need that I cleaned out of their closets this morning, I am so thankful for our health.

In the kitchen... there is a sink full of dirty dishes, unfortunately.

I am wearing... my pajamas, of course!

I am creating... a summer bucket list of things we just have to do with the kids.

I am going... shopping with my sister-in-law this afternoon! She and her husband, Mike, are visiting from Tucson where they are stationed in the Air Force. They don't get to visit very often, but when they do you better believe we're going to have a girl's night! She just had her third baby, my precious little nephew, Ezekiel Anthony Freeman Johnson. So, I bet she's just as excited as I am about some "me" time!

I am wondering... how much longer my boys are going to sleep. (Lorelai's spending time with her cousins, Ezekiel's big sisters, Jaidyn and Righlee today.)

I am reading... Raising Kids with Character That Lasts by John Yates and Susan Alexander Yates...GREAT book so far!

I am looking forward to... seeing Seth's big smile and feeling his sweet little arms around my neck when I go get him out of his bed after his nap.

I am hearing... My ceiling fan.

Around the house... there's lots of things I could be doing, like moving the beach towels that we used yesterday at the pool from the washer to the dryer or washing those dirty dishes...but what fun is that?

God is speaking... the need to tell the world about Jesus. Yesterday we went swimming with Nick's family for Mother's Day and Lorelai made a little friend there, of course. She told us later that she asked her if she was a Christian, which she was, but she had already decided that she was going to tell her about Jesus if she wasn't. Then the little girl told her that her and her family were looking for a good church and Lorelai invited them to ours. That is what it's all about. Nothing else matters.

One of my favorite things... getting new home school books in the mail. Today I got the conclusion of our 2012-2013 curriculum in the mail, which was Toby's Kindergarten math books. He will be so excited when he wakes up! We aren't set to complete this school year until the first week of June, but I am so excited to plan next year already!

A few plans for the rest of the week... dinner with our youth leaders/volunteers tomorrow night. I'm cooking smothered hamburger steaks, sweet potato casserole, green beans, and yeast rolls. Then church on Wednesday night, setting up for a baby shower on Thursday night, and helping host the shower on Friday night. Saturday is our 11th Anniversary and Nick is spending it taking his English teacher certification test that morning and we're having our weekly youth service that night. Sunday I'm helping with an Enchillada dinner at church to raise money for summer camp. I think we're taking the biggest group we've ever taken this year! It's going to be awesome!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...


Oh, to be that flexible again! :)

Comments

  1. How proud you must be of your daughter's willingness to share Christ! The yellow butterflies sound beautiful. I haven't seen any yet this season.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts