September Daybook


Outside my Window... the grass is starting to grow back, but it looks a lot better out there since my brother-in-laws, Jason and Micah (and Dusty) mowed for us. Nick has been so crazy busy that he literally had no time to mow. It was starting to look like a jungle out there.

I am thinking... that it doesn't feel like Monday. It's Labor Day and Nick only worked half a day, then we went over to his parent's house for some ribs and hamburgers. Yes, I ate one of each. Plus, a little potato salad, baked beans, and I had to try the mac and cheese. 

I am thankful... for so much. On Facebook this morning, someone wrote how somewhere out there someone is praying for the things we take for granted. That is so true. 

In the kitchen... I'm planning on making some potato taquitos later and garnishing them with some of the leftover queso fresco and cabbage from last week's fish tacos. Which, by the way, were so yummy I decided to make them again this week since I made way too much sauce for one meal!

I am wearing... khaki capris and a multi-colored sleeveless shirt. (Speaking of khaki...I have to tell a funny story for those of you who haven't heard it already. Last week, a coach was texting Nick about what they were supposed to wear to their first game. He asked Nick if he had any khaki shorts, to which Nick meant to reply, "I don't have any khaki shorts but I'll wear my khaki PANTS" but spell check on his phone changed pants to panties! This happened just as we were arriving at church and unloading the kids in the parking lot. We were both doubled over laughing so hard. Good times.

I am going... to try to go to Nick's game this Thursday. I missed the first one. I need to put that family pass to use!

I am wondering... about whether I should go to Milano Homecoming or Battle of the Bell. I'm really torn. Rockdale has the bell from last year, so it would be really fun to go watch Cameron win it back.  

I am reading... Voice in the Night by Surprise Sithole ("Sit-holy") with David Wimbish The True Story of a man and the miracles that are changing Africa. Amazing. 

I am looking forward to... our Back to School Youth Rally this Saturday. Our student leaders have stepped up to the occasion and have practically planned the whole thing. All Nick has to do is show up and preach. 

I am hearing... Arthur on TV and the air conditioner blowing nice, cold air. (Thank you, Jesus!) Nick and the boys are taking a nap so the house is pretty quiet. (Again, thank you, Jesus!)

Around the house... Toby's new toys/games from his birthday party are scattered around. His actual birthday isn't until Friday, but he shared a small party with his cousin, Josiah, at the bowling alley on Saturday. I quit having big parties after Toby turned one. It's too expensive to do that for three kids. Since then we've just had small family parties, but the last two years Toby and Josiah have shared their parties and we split the cost. Last year was at Chuck E. Cheese. It's fun (and super easy), but also too expensive to do for all three kids, which is why I've decided this is probably the last year we can get away with that. Lorelai feels cheated since she can't have fun parties like that. Another reason we haven't had big parties (parties with all their friends) in a while is because our house is so small and I want everyone to be comfortable. It really shouldn't be this complicated, should it? 

God is speaking... to me through TV preachers lately. Jentezen Franklin was speaking last night about how in England (I think) they have a huge Chess tournament with all the greats and there is a mural on one of the walls of a king playing chess titled "Check Mate." It's supposed to be a painting of the king losing a Chess match, but one year someone was staring at the painting and started shouting, "It's wrong! It's wrong! The game isn't over. The king still has one move left!" He took that illustration and made his point of how even when it looks like all is lost and there is nothing else you can do, just remember the KING still has one move left! I thought that was so good. God is on our side and nothing is impossible for Him. Don't ever give up because God is working behind the scenes and He is working everything out for our good if we love Him and are called according to His purposes. (Romans 8:28)

One of my favorite things... Pinterest. I guess I'll have to wait until I'm retired (HA!) to actually do things I've pinned, but it is so inspiring and so fun.

Quote of the Day... The other day, I took Toby to get tested at the school to see if he qualified for speech therapy. (He does not, by the way. Mainly, he can say the sounds some of the time, which means he is developing and will eventually get it. The good news is that it won't hinder his reading or spelling in any way. Yea!) I forgot to get Seth's car seat out of our car before Nick went to work, so I left him and Lorelai with their Aunt Chasity (next door). On our way back, I was in la-la land and passed their drive-way. Toby said, "Why did you pass it Mommy?"  As I was pulling in our drive-way to back up and turn around, I said, "I don't know, Toby. I was thinking about something else." As serious as could be, he replied, "were you thinking about going there backwards?" He cracks me up!

A few plans for the rest of the week... First of all, we have to catch up from skipping school today. This is the last week before our first week off, so that's one good thing. Then I have to find time somewhere to go buy snacks for our first co-op meeting, which is Friday, and all the supplies for our youth rally this week-end.  That is, if we have co-op. That's still up in the air for various reasons. If it does continue, I also have to find time to plan my class. I'm supposed to teach the 7-12 year old girls how to be Proverbs 31 ladies. I bought the book Polished Cornerstones from Doorposts as my curriculum. I have purchased several things from them in the past and would highly recommend them.

A picture for thought... 

Superman?

Comments

Popular Posts