Moments to Remember

The title of this post should really be "proof that we don't blow off school everyday." I can hardly believe we only have one week until we're done with the second of seven sessions I have planned this year! Time is flying by, as usual. We typically take a week off in between sessions, and the actual sessions can last anywhere from 3-7 weeks. Flexibility is important and the ability to "go with the flow" has come in handy lately. I had planned on starting school on Tuesday after taking Monday to catch up on laundry and other chores that had been neglected among the comings and goings of last week. However, Seth went to bed with a bit of a cough Sunday night and woke up early Monday morning having an asthma attack. I had an appointment at the school to talk about Toby's speech/hearing tests scheduled for 10:45, but I had to cancel it and instead take Seth to the doctor at 11:00 and straight over to the hospital after that. It was brought to my attention later that night that it was exactly one month since his last hospitalization. It's now Wednesday and he was released last night. We're trying a preventative medication now that he will have to take via breathing treatments daily (that should be fun) with the hopes of not having monthly hospital visits. It turns out my housework was still waiting for me when we got home so that's what I'm doing today. School will start again tomorrow. Flexibility. It's important.

Although we haven't done school in almost two weeks we have managed to have a very productive school year so far. Here's a little glimpse at our more productive days.

Yeast Experiment: With sugar
(The next day, we did this without sugar and, of course, 
the balloon didn't blow up. I guess we didn't get a chance to take a picture.)

We're enjoying My Father's World curriculum this year.
Lorelai had to bake a loaf of bread and attach her memory verse
 to give to a friend for Bible. 

She chose to give it to her best friend, Michaela. 



Toby with his Bug Club class at Co-op.

And I couldn't forget the time Lorelai put her pantyhose on
her baby brother's head. 


Comments

Popular Posts