October Daybook

Go here for more!

Outside my window... Toby and Lorelai are playing in the hammock, enjoying this cool Autumn day.

I am thinking... that I wish I wasn't out of my Dove dark chocolate.

I am thankful... for my God, who is a very present help in time of trouble. That's Psalm 46:1, in case you were curious. 

In the kitchen... I need to wash dishes but there is no need to cook because we get to go eat at my brother and sister-in-law's house tonight! (Happy dance!)

I am wearing... grey capris, a blue striped shirt, and a pretty bracelet a sweet lady gave me at church. I was just talking to someone and she came up to me, put it in my hand, and closed my hand around it. Nice surprise!

I am creating... costumes for Hallelujah Night at church, our alternative to Halloween because heaven knows kids simply can't miss out on all that candy! LOL If you go to my church, please know I am JOKING. I look forward to this night every year. (After the kids go to bed I dig through their bags for chocolate!)

I am going... to try to get a lot done while the boys are sleeping today. I am actually feeling motivated!

I am wondering... if every 8 year old talks as much as mine does. She comes up with some funny stuff! I love it...most of the time.

I am reading... Story of the Bible for Young and Old to the kids every night. We just finished the Old Testament. 

I am looking forward to... spending a few days with my friend, Kristin, and her babies. Me, Toby, and Seth are making the journey North on Saturday. Yea!  

I am hearing... a train go by, Mr. Roger's Neighborhood on TV, the dryer, and Toby (who is no longer on the hammock outside) squealing because Seth is sitting on him and he can't get up.   

Around the house... I have big plans for the kid's bedrooms. My wallet needs to line up with those plans! Seth is about to grow out of his playpen so some rearranging needs to be done. 

I am praying... for our Nation and for Israel. I'm trying to go along with the 40 Days of Prayer, but mainly just lifting up this upcoming election. 

One of my favorite things... Pumpkin Spice Lattes. This is literally the only time of year I feel the need to go to Starbucks. I just love those things. They make me so happy. 

Quote of the day... "A smile is a curve that sets everything straight." Phyllis Diller 

A few plans for the rest of the week... registering the teens for Fall Retreat, washing my car, cleaning my house, laundry, packing, grocery shopping, and helping host Fifth Quarter with our church tomorrow night. Oh, and Lorelai still has lessons she needs to complete so I better make sure she does that.  

A picture to share...


Toby on the playground at our new co-op location. I think he approves!

Comments

Popular Posts