December Daybook



Outside my window... is an empty yard. We had a broken trampoline, a rusted out swing set, and a broken patio swing that I posted on Craigslist as "FREE scrap metal!" It didn't take long for me to get a text that read "I will come get whatever scrap metal you have right now, no matter where you are." That was easy! I wish we had a truck and Nick had the time to haul it off ourselves because we could have used the money, but we don't and he definitely doesn't. It is more blessed to give than receive though, right? I thought I'd be so excited to see it go, but it actually made me a little sad to think of all the memories made on those swings. And the trampoline had once been the kids favorite pastime. I guess nothing lasts forever. 

I am thinking... about cleaning out the storage building while the boys take a nap. I am in the mood to clean out everything now. I can't tell you the last time I used half the stuff in there anyway. Goodwill, here I come!

I am thankful... for my clutter. It's just more evidence that we are blessed beyond measure. And I'm thankful for Goodwill because I can't stand clutter. 

In the kitchen... we just had leftover barbeque chicken and potato salad for lunch. Yum!

I am wearing... jeans and a green peasant top.

I am going... to Sea World for New Year's Eve. We're going to put those season passes to use!

I am wondering... about what I can do to earn some money and still be home with my kiddos. 

I am reading... the book of Romans in the Bible and Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand.

I am looking forward to... heaven. I'm so thankful that nothing can separate me from the love of God. 

I am hearing... Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Around the house... the laundry is almost caught up, most of the dishes are washed, the boys are about to take a nap, and I have two cabinets already cleaned out. I hope to add to that number very soon.

God is showing me... that He will never leave me nor forsake me. 

One of my favorite things... Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Sleep Pillow Mist. That stuff is heavenly. I love to put clean sheets on the bed and douse them with it, then take a shower and go to bed feeling "brand new" as my Granny used to say.

Quote of the day... "Nobody got anywhere in the world by simply being content." Louis L'Amour
How much I have doesn't affect my joy. I am content in that aspect, but I don't want to be complacent and not strive for the best God has for every area of my life. I want to know Him more. I want to show Him to others more. I want to be better. Every. single. day. There is always room for improvement.

A few plans for the rest of the month... Presentation Day at Co-op on Friday, a baby shower and youth service on Saturday, baking and decorating Christmas cookies, Youth Christmas party, seeing my brother and sister-in-law from Arizona and their three cuties, baking cupcakes to celebrate Jesus' Birthday, and family communion with our little family followed by a sleepover beneath the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. Oh yeah, and Sea World!

A picture to share...



This was taken by my sister-in-law about a month before I had Seth. I just found it again recently, and I just love it! I love how sweet Toby is being and I love that pregnancy hair! Too bad it falls out after the baby is born! 

Comments

  1. "I am thankful... for my clutter. It's just more evidence that we are blessed beyond measure." I have thought the same thing so many times. Every time I hear someone say we're in "hard times" I think they must not be too hard 'cause we still have "extras".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts