January Daybook




FOR TODAY January 7, 2013

Outside my window... it is dark and cold.

I am thinking... that I should be in bed right now. I don't know what time blogger says it is because I've noticed that time was off but never cared enough to change it. It's really almost 11. Not that it really matters because today I decided school starts after we eat breakfast and do our morning chores, whatever time that may be.

I am thankful... for a new year and all the possibilities it brings.

In the kitchen... is a mess of dirty dishes. They are neatly stacked though. They'll be waiting for me in the morning.

I am wearing... skinny jeans (I just like the sound of that, don't you?) and a flowery shirt. 

I am going... to teach Book Club for my home school co-op class this semester per Lorelai's request. We're reading Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink. I'm excited! Class starts this Friday.

I am wondering... if Nick will teach at Cameron next year. This year has been rough overall. Winning the State Championship was a definite perk, but the rest of it has been less than desirable to put it nicely. The teachers and coaches he works with have been awesome, but most of the students not so much. I think it's more the volume of students more than it is the students themselves though.

I am reading... the book of Hebrews in the Bible. 

I am hoping... make that BELIEVING for great things this year! I'll keep ya posted! 

I am looking forward to... Lorelai and Seth's birthday party! We haven't had a big party since Toby turned 1 I think. We usually just have a party with the family, which is pretty big actually. Lorelai is celebrating turning 9 this month with a Paris theme and Seth will be 2 so I chose a Sesame Street theme for him! I don't how long I can get away with having their parties together, but for right now they don't mind a bit. The decorations should be interesting. 

I am learning...how to use my new iPhone. I finally got one and I love it! I also learned today after doing the two previous posts with the screen print so tiny I almost needed a magnifying glass that if you push Ctrl + it makes your screen print bigger and Ctrl - makes it smaller! I must have accidentally pushed the - one day with my crazy fingers. Sometimes they get carried away as I type. I've often thought about just leaving a sentence like I first typed it just to show people how funny it looks. 

Around the house... not a creature is stirring, not even a mouse. 

I am pondering... isn't that the same the first question? I think I'll delete this question too. I've already deleted "I am creating" because I never seem to be creating anything.

A favorite quote for today... "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill How true! We must keep our zeal and passion to see our dreams come true! Don't grow weary in well-doing! (Galatians 6:9)

One of my favorite things... is the internet. I can literally look up anything I want to know. The kids ask me questions and thanks to Google they will probably grow up thinking I am the smartest person on earth! 

A few plans for the rest of the week: Co-op on Friday and I'm taking the teenagers to a youth rally in Rockdale on Saturday, which is Lorelai's birthday. Nick has a Lift-a-thon at the school that day. She requested cheese raviolis for supper and a chocolate cake with chocolate icing for dessert. That's my girl!

A peek into my day... 

He just loves putting Toby's boots on!





Comments

  1. Yes, I like the sound of "skinny jeans". BTW, I love yours and was wondering where you bought them? I am picturing Big Bird on top of the Eiffel Tower at the Bday party. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are a busy wife and mother. I would say you are 'creating' a beautiful family. Blessings. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts