Daybook


Outside my window... it is cloudy and there are big puddles from the rain...and hundreds of mosquitos!

I am thinking... about whether or not I should make a schedule for this year. I actually made one already, but I'm thinking about throwing it away to avoid the disappointment when I, or rather the kids, don't stick to it. I'm even thinking about forgetting about lesson plans. I mean, we're going to finish the books, eventually. Honestly, we finish early in most subjects so what is really the point? They both usually serve only to make me feel nothing but anxiety.

I am thankful... for the rain, truly. I love it.

In the kitchen... there's only a few dirty dishes and an easy supper planned. We're having chalupas or tostadas or whatever they're called. It's pretty much a flat taco with refried beans to make all the goodies stick to it. My mom used to fry her own tortillas when she made these. Boy, that was good! I

I am wearing... work-out clothes like wearing them will somehow magically make me work-out. 

I am creating... nothing. I am pretty disappointed in myself actually. I had all these hopes of completing Pinterest projects this summer, but I haven't even done one. Actually, I did make a timeline for Lorelai's History lessons today. It's pretty neat.

I am going... nowhere.

I am wondering... why in the world Toby couldn't take a nap today. The boy just couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard he tried. It was probably the thunder now that I think about it. Oh well, he'll be going to be early tonight. On a dreary day like this we can probably have them all in bed no later than 9 tonight. Movie night for me and the hubby? I'm thinking so. All you need to do is pop some popcorn and turn off all the lights and it's almost like you're on a date in your own living room!

I am reading... Blue Like Jazz still. I have a few others started, but I decided to put them down and focus on this one until I finish. It's really good so far, but I haven't quite figured out this guy's position on Christianity. I think he's unhappy with the overall view of what most people think it means to be a Christian. People do get some pretty messed up ideas. I'll have to save my review for later though. I have a feeling it will inspire at least one future post.

I am looking forward to... when Nick gets into the teaching/coaching groove. I'm excited to go see some games and be a part of school spirit again.

I am hearing... Day After Day by Kristian Stanfill on Directv channel 826 (The Spirit) I've never heard it before but it's really good. It's talking about how God reigns day after day and He never changes. I like Pastor Jerry's translation on that verse in Hebrews that says Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He says, "if He ever did it, He's still doing it, and He'll never stop doing it!" Amen!

Around the house... Daddy just got home and Lorelai has him trapped on the couch showing him how she can play Marble Math on the ipad. It's her new favorite.

God is speaking... to me about getting baptized again. God spoke through Pastor Jerry on Sunday about the need for all of us to get sin out of our lives so we can be a part of what He wants to do in this earth during these last days. The church is entering into the most glorious time in its history and I don't want to watch from the sidelines. I've been a Christian for 14 years, but I still struggle with sin. Romans 14:23 says that whatever is not faith is sin. I don't believe I'll miss heaven if I don't get baptized again, but to me it's an outward sign of an inward conviction or commitment I have and I want to publicly profess my intentions to once again give my life totally to Jesus.  

One of my favorite things... is trying new foods. I tried New England Clam Chowder at Red Lobster yesterday. It was good! Now I want to try Oysters...again.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Nick starts his new job tomorrow, but then is off on Thursday and Friday so I want to go out and see the house he's been building with his dad and brothers. I won't get lost this time.


Picture thought...

Thanks to Shelly for blessing Nick with this cake after church last
Wednesday.


Comments

  1. I say, "Why not???" on throwing out the schedule. You can always make another one, if you feel like you're not staying on track, later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! And I usually do have to tweek it at least twice through the year:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts