The Book Nook

This morning I was helping the kids clean clean their rooms so I could vaccuum. I say clean clean because they clean their rooms everyday, but this morning it needed cleaning. Get it? Well, after cleaning the boys room I moved on to Lorelai's room, which I honestly dread. Toby and Seth's room is so easy to clean because everything has a place, but Lorelai likes to keep every.little.thing anyone ever gives her and she collects a lot of junk (in my opinion). If I tell her that though it really hurts her feelings, so I did apologize, but at the same time I was praying she wouldn't grow up to be a hoarder. I was trying to figure out a way to make room for her new chair that she begged Mimi and Papa for, and I wanted to get rid of some clutter so I decided to try to make room for the bookshelf in the boys room.

I measured the bookshelf and after a little shove of the bunk bed I made the perfect spot for a little book nook in the boys room. After I filled the bookshelf I thought about how we could make it more comfy when the pad off of Toby's chair popped in my head. (He also had begged for a chair but broke his about a week later.) Perfect! The kids were loving their new spot, but it was a little dark until we remembered the string of white lights Lorelai had in her room but never used. I just love when things come together!


That is his "smile for the camera" face.

Comments

Popular Posts