August Daybook



Outside my window... it is HOT! I'm already longing for fall.

I am thinking...about how I need to work-out while the boys are sleeping but my butt and legs are so sore it hurts me to think about it.

I am thankful...for Nick's job and all the exciting things we have to look forward to.

In the kitchen... tonight will be lasagna, salad, and garlic bread for the Youth Volunteers Meeting. (Oh, and chocolate chip cookies.) Every time I eat sweets lately, I think of a saying I read a while back that said something like "I run so I can eat cupcakes," well, I do P90X so I can eat chocolate chip cookies.

I am wearing...shorts and a Lady Yoe Track shirt. Apparently wearing athletic shirts is a must for coach's wives.  

I am creating... nothing. Once again. I think I'll remove this from my daybook list.

I am going... nowhere today, but it's going to be a busy week-end.

I am wondering... how I can get Lorelai to memorize her list of prepositions for Grammar. I'm beginning to think she inherited my bad memory.

I am reading... my new Thriving Family magazine.

I am looking forward to... going to a cold football game.

I am hearing... Lorelai hum as she draws at the table beside me.

Around the house... I am pretty caught up with my chores. I just need to clean the kitchen and then vacuum when the boys wake up. Laundry is all done except for one basket from yesterday. The kid's bathroom is cleaned, which is good since we're having company tonight.

I am praying... for my Grandma's complete healing from liver cancer. When she was diagnosed in March, the doctors gave her 11 radiation treatments and sent her to a nursing home with no hope. Since then the biggest tumor has actually gotten smaller and she's living back at home with my Grandpa! That is only God, the Great Physician.

One of my favorite things... is when the kids take naps, but then another favorite of mine is when they wake up and snuggle with me on the couch.

Quote of the day... "It doesn't hurt to try...unless it hurts." -Lorelai

I was talking to her about how I didn't feel like working out since I am so sore. I think I said something about how I thought it might make me less sore if I just did it when she said that. She cracks me up!

A few plans for the rest of the week... we're going to the Library tomorrow and I guess I'll get some groceries while we're in town. I also need to get the oil changed. Then Saturday is picture day for the coaches and their families at the football field...at 8 a.m.

A picture thought to share...

Seth in my shoes. This is a daily occurrence around here.


Comments

Popular Posts