Moments to Remember

Someone asked me recently if home schooling was easy. "No!" I said with a little laugh. Looking back I feel a little bad for responding so quickly. I feel bad because even though it isn't easy I am so fulfilled and content with this season of my life. The way I said it though, and the way I do admit to feeling so often, made it sound like quite the opposite. There are difficult days, sure. There are days when I feel completely inadequate. Those days aren't the ones I want to remember. However, the lessons learned from those days, and I've learned plenty of them, will stay with me through this journey, however long it lasts, and for the rest of my life.

I've said before that God uses my time with my children to show me things in myself that He wants to purge and refine. If I weren't home with them I'm sure He'd use my co-workers, road rage, or balancing/juggling my career and my family to mold me into who He wants me to be. No matter what our days look like He's still working on us all. This is just where I'm at. Everyone's life is different... not better or worse just different. For example, we've learned the art of forgiveness around here. I am very open about my imperfections with my children. I have to be. We're together all day everyday. They see the good, the bad, and the ugly. When I mess up I tell them I was wrong and I ask their forgiveness. When they hurt each other we walk out forgiveness. When I hear them being critical of others, and vice versa, we remind each other of the imperfect nature of human beings and how at the same time we need to be like Jesus and show uncondition, non-judgmental, love. That's grace. I will fail them at times, but God will never fail us.

For those reasons, and so many more, I am personally grateful for the opportunity to teach my kids. That is why I am starting these Moments to Remember posts. For me. Most of the pictures will just be random pictures of us learning around the kitchen table. I just want something I can look back on when one of those not-so-pleasant days roll around and I need to see that it's worth it. Because it is worth it.

Toby is so excited about his first year of Math U See.

I just love his enthusiasm.


Lorelai is really into writing notes in secret code right now,
so she carried that over into math. I thought it was very creative of her.

The good ol' floating egg experiment. 

Having a little fun learning to hula hoop.

Comments

Popular Posts