May Daybook


Outside my window...are hedges recently trimmed by yours truly. I was on a chair with giant scissors (basically) and it resulted in itchy arms and lots of sneezing. It was worth it though. They look great.

I am thinking...that I love cherry cough drops.

I am thankful...for cherry cough drops.

In the kitchen...I just cleaned up a left over chicken enchilada casserole that I made last night. It was so yummy, but it was so not good for me. It had chicken, sour cream, verde salsa, colby jack, green chiles, cream of chicken soup, corn tortillas, and more colby jack. It was cheesy, chickeny, green chile goodness. I also made rice and charro beans to go with it. 

I am wearing...my Indians T-shirt for my little slugger's game tonight. Go #1!

I am creating...a flower bed. This time they will survive. I hope.

I am going...on a mini-vacation next week! The hubby is off Thursday and Friday for what they call Yoe Day and No Day. We have started a little tradition of going somewhere while everyone else is in school and enjoying a little fun minus the crowds. Last year we went to Sea World, and this year we've rented a cabin on Lake Livingston. It shall be fun.

I am wondering...if I'll get a package delivered today. I traded curriculum with another homeschool mom and she's already received my package. We've never met, but to make a long story short we figured out this arrangement through email after I posted an ad online. This was another reminder of God's provision and favor. He always makes a way.

I am hoping...Toby gets to play a lot tonight. And I hope they win. I haven't heard good things about this team we're up against. Winning is not the real issue though. The real issue is good sportsmanship. That's all I'm going to say about that one.

Around the house...I forgot about the laundry! I'm going to go reset the washer right now. Laundry is not a good chore for someone with a short attention span who is easily distracted.

A Favorite Quote for the day..."Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why we call it the present." You wouldn't believe how many people are quoted as saying that, but I'm going to go with Wiki Answers and say that it originated from Alice Morse Earle.

One of my favorite things...flowers. That's why I so desperately want to be able to grow them! 

A few plans for the rest of the week...nothing tomorrow, Saturday morning is my new running group's second group run before Nick goes off to Taylor for a Tennis Tournament, then Sunday is church and a piano recital. Lorelai is going to start taking lessons again, so I'm going to go check out her new teacher's recital. She's excited because the little boy she has a crush on (I can't believe I just typed that) will be performing. 

A Peek into my day...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts