God of Wonders

I was sitting on my porch yesterday enjoying a nice breeze and wondering if we were going to get any rain from the dark clouds that had recently brought a very welcome break to the harsh summer heat we are already having to put up with. It wasn't long before I got my answer. The wind picked up while I was sitting there and the temperature dropped about twenty degrees. Lorelai came outside and her hat flew right off her head. It was like a scene from The Wizard of Oz! Thankfully all we got was a little wind and a lot of rain though. It was so nice.

After it stopped raining I went outside to take the trash out. One of the chairs on our porch had been blown over and the storm had even blown over our empty trash can that was still by the road after trash pick up. When I turned around to pull the trash can back in the yard I noticed a huge rainbow stretching across the sky. It was so big I couldn't even get it all in one picture!




It made me think of how the rainbow is God's promise to never flood the earth again, which reminded me of some of His other promises. Even on days when I feel all alone in my struggles I know He promised to always be with me (Matthew 28:20). He is a very present help in my time of need (Psalm 46:1). Yesterday morning I was in bed talking to God in my head while trying to make myself get up when He dropped Isaiah 26:3 in my spirit. "You keep (her) in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You because (she) trusts in You." I am so thankful for the peace of God in the midst of so many uncertainties.

On our way in I tried to get Lorelai to hold a little frog that we saw hopping around the yard. At the time it didn't even cross my mind, but even that little frog can be a reminder that I can trust and "Fully Rely On God."



   

Comments

Popular Posts